Full “Blessing” Moon
Today is the full moon for July. It has many names, like “Buck” moon because antlers start to grow in July, “Thunder” moon because of the many thunderstorms, “Hay” moon because hay is harvested in July. My favorite name for July’s full moon is the “Blessing” moon.
The July moon is called the “Blessing” moon because we encounter so many blessings during this month. A hike in the backcountry of Colorado, where I live is awash with wildflowers. The streams and creeks nearby are full, providing life to downstream communities. Wild herbs are ready to be gathered. The blessings we receive during July are incredible!
I’ve done a reading for you of what to look out for in the next few weeks. Remember that the Mercury Retrograde continues until August 1st.
I used the Wisdom of Avalon deck and pulled card number 45 – LOVE! This is such an appropriate card. It’s a real reminder that love is at the center of it all.
“This marker reminds you to show kindness and compassion to all whom you meet on your path – be it a beggar on a street corner, a coworker, a family member, an animal, or a plant whose leaves need pruning.”
So in the coming weeks, remember to actively feel love for everyone you meet. Bestow your blessings on each of them. You don’t have to say anything out loud, but feel it in your heart.
- When you eat, be grateful for the food that brings you sustenance. Think about the long process which brought that food to your plate and be grateful for the farmers, the wind, the rain, the sun, the truck drivers, and the grocery store.
- As you are driving, feel love and gratitude for the other people in other cars driving near you. Give the road you are driving on a blessing. Think about the plants, trees, and wildlife that were killed or relocated to create this road and be grateful to them.
- When you wake up in the morning, be grateful for your bed and your roof.
- As you check social media, be grateful that technology has allowed you to reconnect with old friends and keep a stronger connection with current friends and family.
- Actively feel love for your spouse, child, parent, or friend who has been causing you grief recently.
Feeling love and gratitude in some of the situations above can sometimes be challenging. Ground yourself and connect to the Divine above, and that should make it easier.
I love you. I bless you.
Be grateful for the blessings that are already in your life. Recognize each of those blessings. Feel the love which comes with each blessing.
Full Moon Blessings to you all!